I don’t do crafts, I don’t paint, or bedazzle or glue or any of that shit. HOWEVER, with some simple items found around the home I took a 5 buck shirt and made it the coolest piece of clothing I own. In compiling my ideal wardrobe for the day that I am in fact BALLING, I stumbled upon the shirt above.
In the words of my good friend, Logan, it seemed like a “JayDodd” shirt. He was correct, and I have been dying to somehow obtain it. I scoured the internet looking for it, from ebay, to overstock, and none satisfied my desire. That’s when I realized I needed 3 things, a cheap denim shirt, bleach, and hutzpah. So in a few easy steps, I’m gonna break down how to capture the magic.
1. Buy denim shirt from Goodwill or some other thrift store, the cheaper the shirt the easier it bleaches.
2. Empty out a sink.
3. Button Shirt from the bottom leaving 3 buttons open on top.
4. Lay bottom half of shirt in sink, and pour 3 cups of bleach on the bottom. Let sit.
5. Wait 15 minutes
6. Bottom of shirt should start to fade
7. Boil water
8. Add the boiled water and 2 more cups of bleach bottom should be almost completely white. Let Sit. (OPTION: Move sleeves in hot water bleach mixture, stir + adjust with plastic spoon.)
9. Wait 10 more minutes
10. Rinse in sink
11. Add to load of white laundry, wash and dry. (IT HAS TO BE WHITE OR THE BLEACH WILL KILL YOUR OTHER CLOTHES)
Shazaam, you have an easy yet memorable new addition to your wardrobe!
If you try it out, please submit pics to the Basement Fridge! #DIYBro